Tom Collins & Co. Solicitors LLP has extensive experience of dealing with such claims on behalf of its clients and we are happy to discuss whether you may be entitled to bring a claim.
For most personal injury claims (the main exception being for medical negligence actions), the first step is to make an application to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (“PIAB”) to request that they assess your claim. You will be required to obtain, amongst other items, a medical report from your treating medical attendant as part of that application.
You are not required to instruct a solicitor to bring such a claim, however, we are typically instructed by our clients to arrange an application given our knowledge of this process. We have extensive experience of dealing with such claims and will be in a position to give you expert and impartial advice on whether you should accept an offer from PIAB and failing resolution at that stage, we will be ready to take immediate steps to initiate court proceedings to pursue your claim.
We specialise in personal injury actions arising in connection with:
- Car and motorcycle traffic accidents
- Workplace injuries (including stress injuries from bullying or harassment in the workplace)
- Pedestrian traffic accidents
- Accidents in public areas (e.g. footpaths maintained by the local authorities)
- Accidents on private property the injured party was invited to enter (e.g. supermarket)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder injuries
* In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement (save for if in connection with proceedings seeking only to recover a debt or liquidated demand).