The majority of surgeons have a specialist area although there are many issues that can be
applied to all areas of surgery. The increase in specialisation has seen the standard of surgery
increase, however, there are always certain risks associated with surgery and procedures can go
wrong. It is important that any errors are identified early and rectified before resulting in serious
injury or even fatal injury; see Fatal Injury Claims.
Some of the most common surgical errors include:
- A delay in diagnosis resulting in further injury;
- Lack of informed consent;
- Causing damage to nerves and/or internal organs;
- Operating on the incorrect area of the body;
- Inadvertent incision.
- Failure to identify post-operative bleeding; and
- Negligent post-operation care.
Please get in contact with our medical negligence team by contacting us on 01 4900121 or
alternatively by email to email@example.com